Study on the gearing diagram, calculation of spindle speed and front roller speed of the ring frame.
The ring frame is normally fed with roving from a large bobbin, and delivers yarn to a smaller one. The ring frame consists of a large number of spindles. One traveler and spindle co-operate with a bobbin, to twist and wind the yarn from a drafting system as shown in Fig.
The objectives of the ring frame are given below:
- To draft the input material to the linear density required in the final yarn,
- To insert the required amount of twist, and
- To wind the yarn onto a package which is suitable for handling, storage and transport and is capable of being unwound at high speed in subsequent processing.
- To know about the different parts of the ring frame.
- To know about the function of the different parts of the ring frame machine.
- To know about the driving mechanism of the spindle in ring frame.
- To calculate the front roller delivery of the machine.
- To study the machine in order to improve our technical knowledge.
Gearing diagram of ring frame:
- RPM of the motor = 1440
- Diameter of the motor pulley = 5″
- Diameter of the tin cylinder pulley = 10.5″
- Diameter of the tin cylinder = 10″
- Diameter of the wharve = 1.125″
- No of teeth of lower grip wheel = 26T
- No of teeth of upper grip wheel = 46T
- No of teeth of fibre wheel = 42T
- No of teeth of twist carrier wheel = 86T
- No of teeth of twist wheel = 48T
- No of teeth of front roller driving wheel = 98T
- Diameter of front roller = 1″
Spindle Speed = 1440 x (5”/10.5”) x (10”/1.125”) = 6095.24
Front roller delivery = 1440 x (5”/10.5”) x (26/46) x (42/86) x (48/98) x π x 1” = 323.56 inch/min
Spindle Speed = 6095.24 rpm
Front roller delivery = 323.56 inch/min
Our teacher and lab assistants are very much helpful to us. Their well teaching and instruction help us greatly to understand this practical. I think this practical will be very helpful in my future career.
You may also like:
- Ring Spinning Machine: Drafting System, Different Parts and Functions
- Material Passage Diagram of Ring Frame
- Reasons for Poor Quality in Ring Spinning
- Gearing Diagram and Calculation of Flyer Speed, Spindle & Front Roller Delivery of Speed Frame
- Calculation of Twist, Twist Constant of Roving Frame or Speed Frame Machine
- Roving Frame or Simplex Machine: Description and Material Passage
- Drafting and Draft Constant Calculation of Roving Frame
- How to Calculate the Number of Coils per Inch of the Roving Bobbin
- Recent Developments of Simplex Machine
- Building Mechanism of Roving Frame or Speed Frame Machine
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.