Study on material passage and general description of speed frame/Flyer frame/Roving frame/Simplex machine.
Roving frame process normally comes after comber in the combing process and draw frame in the carding process. Roving frame is also called simplex or speed frame. The simplex process minimizes the sliver weight to a suitable size for spinning into yarn and inserting twist, which maintains the integrity of the draft strands. It is impossible to feed the sliver to ring frame for yarn production due to limitation in draft in ring frame.
- To draft the sliver to reduce weight per unit length.
- To insert small amount of twist to strengthen the roving to prevent breakage during next processing.
- To make conical or tapper shape of the bobbin.
- To wind twisted strand on the bobbin.
Platt Saco Lowell, The United Kingdom.
- Guide rollers
- Drafting rollers
- Dead weight
Description of Simplex Machine:
Drawframe slivers are fed to the roving frame in large cans. The slivers are passed through separators and then over the guide rollers and tension rollers. Now the slivers are passed through the drafting rollers. There is dead weight over these drafting rollers. Here generally 6-15 draft is given. The delivered slivers are too thin to hold themselves together and so twist is needed. The drafted strands of fibers are then passed through flyers. These flyers create twist in the fiber strands by rotating and twist is usually 30-65 per meters. There are spindles in the flyers on which the twisted fibres i.e. roving are wound.
- Pitch of spindle = 7.5 inches
- No. of flyers = 40
- Bobbinn length = 11.5 inches
- Lift of bobbin = 10.3 inches
- Outer diameter of bobbin = 1.75 inches
- Inner diameter of bobbin = 1.3 inches
The passage of material through the simplex machine is easy. During this passage, three works are done on the sliver: drafting, twisting and winding. The output of this machine is roving which is then fed into the Ringframe. Ringframe is the last machine of yarn spinning and after that m/c, we get yarn.
You may also like:
- Recent Developments of Simplex Machine
- Cotton Yarn Spinning Process Step by Step
- Ring Spinning Machine: Drafting System, Different Parts and Functions
- Recent Developments in Draw Frame with Parameters
Image courtesy: Textileadvisor.com, Textile-in.blogspot.com, Textile52
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.