Study on the material passage of ring frame or ring spinning machine.
The ring frame consists of a roller drafting unit, a yarn guide (lappet), a ring and traveler assembly, and a bobbin mounted on a spindle (driven by a tape). The ring frame performs basic operations such as
- Attenuation (drafting) of the roving to the required yarn count
- Imparting cohesion to the fibrous strand, usually by twist insertion
- Winding the yarn onto an appropriate package
- To produce required count of yarn from the supplied roving by the drafting.
- To insert sufficient amount of twist to the yarn.
- To wind the yarn onto the bobbin.
- To build the yarn package properly.
- Name of manufacturer: Platts.
- No of spindle: 64
- Ring dia: 6.2 cm
- Lift of the bobbin: 9”
Main parts of ring frame:
- Guide roller
- Drafting rollers
- Yarn guide
- Balloon controlling ring
Material passage diagram of ring frame:
The feed material i.e. roving bobbin is placed on the creel. The creel which is attached to the machine is umbrella type. Then feed material is passed under the guide rollers and through the trumpet in to the drafting zone. Here some draft is inserted in to the roving. The draft system is 3 over 3 drafting system with apron. The delivery material that is delivered from the front roller is reached to the traveler over pneumatic waste collector, lappet and through balloon controlling ring. Lappet is used to control the material path and balloon controlling ring is used to control the balloon formation and spinning tension. Here roving is twisted by the movement of the traveler around the ring. The yarn is then wound on the ring cop.
Our teacher and lab assistants are very much helpful to us. Their well teaching and instruction help us greatly to understand this practical. I think this practical will be very helpful in my future career.
You may also like:
- Ring Spinning Machine: Drafting System, Different Parts and Functions
- Reasons for Poor Quality in Ring Spinning
- Gearing Diagram and Calculation of Flyer Speed, Spindle & Front Roller Delivery of Speed Frame
- Calculation of Twist, Twist Constant of Roving Frame or Speed Frame Machine
- Roving Frame or Simplex Machine: Description and Material Passage
- Drafting and Draft Constant Calculation of Roving Frame
- How to Calculate the Number of Coils per Inch of the Roving Bobbin
- Recent Developments of Simplex Machine
- Building Mechanism of Roving Frame or Speed Frame Machine
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.