Calculation of no of coils per inch of the roving bobbin.
- To know the necessary specification of roving bobbin for calculation.
- To know how to calculate the coils/inch of roving bobbin.
We know, coils per minute = Bobbin speed – Spindle speed
Therefore, coils per inch = (Coils per minute / Rate of lift in inches per minute)
Again, rate of lift = RPM of lifter shaft wheel x Teeth of lifter wheel x pitch of the lifter wheel
Rpm of lifter shaft wheel = Motor rpm x (Driver/Driven)
- Rpm of motor pulley = 960
- Motor pulley diameter = 5″
- Machine pulley diameter = 7″
- Cradle wheel = 40T
- Cradle carrier wheel = 55 T
- No of teeth in TCP = 28T
- No of teeth in TCCP = 30T
- Diameter of top cone drum = 6.5″
- Diameter of bottom cone drum = 3.87″
- Bottom cone drum change wheel = 18T
- No of teeth of fender wheel = 68T
- No of teeth of fender shaft wheel = 30T
- Fender swivel bracket carrier wheel = 36T
- Top lifter change wheel = 18T
- Wheel on stud bevel = 44T
- Stud bevel wheel = 22T
- Double upright bevel wheel = 22T
- Double upright bevel wheel = 18T
- Reversing bevel = 70T
- Reversing bevel = 70T
- Bobbin lifter change pinion = 16T
- Socket swivel carrier wheel = 72T
- Socket stud wheel = 13T
- Differential motion carrier wheel = 57T
Bobbin speed = 822
Spindle speed = 749
Therefore, Coils per minute = 822 – 749
No. of coils per inch = 11.
Our teacher and lab assistants are very much helpful to us. Their well teaching and instruction help us greatly to understand this practical. I think this practical will be very helpful in my future career.
You may also like:
- Gearing Diagram and Calculation of Flyer Speed, Spindle & Front Roller Delivery of Speed Frame
- Calculation of Twist, Twist Constant of Roving Frame or Speed Frame Machine
- Roving Frame or Simplex Machine: Description and Material Passage
- Drafting and Draft Constant Calculation of Roving Frame
- Jute 3rd Draw Frame: Gearing Diagram, Material Passage & Calculation
- Material Passage and Gearing Diagram of Jute 2nd Draw Frame Machine
- Jute Draw Frame Machine: Parts, Specification, Material Passage & Calculation
- Jute Slip Draft Spinning Frame: Parts, Specification, Gearing Diagram & Calculation
- Working Flow Chart of Roving Frame
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.