Name of the experiment:
Calculation of draft, draft constant and draft in each zone of the ring frame.
Ring spinning is one of the most used method of yarn production even though a number of more highly productive systems were commercially developed during the twentieth century. The main reasons for this are its flexibility in spinning a range of fiber types, its capability of spinning yarn at the finer end of the usable count range, and very importantly the structure and properties of the ring-spun yarn.
The ring spinning method utilizes roller drafting for the attenuation of a roving feed. Over the many years of commercial development, improvements of the roller drafting system have given more control of fibers within each drafting zone in order to obtain as uniform a yarn as possible. Apart from such engineered enhancements, this part of the ring spinning system is not fundamentally different from Lewis Paul’s concept. The key features of the system, then, lie in the means used to combine the actions of twisting and winding.
- To find out draft, draft constant of the ring frame.
- To find out draft of each zone of the ring frame.
- RPM of the motor =1440
- Dia of the motor pulley = 5”
- Dia of the tin cylinder pulley = 10.5”
- Dia of the tin cylinder = 10”
- Dia of the wharve = 1.125”
- No of teeth of fibre wheel = 42T
- No of teeth of front roller driving wheel = 98T
- Dia of the front roller = 1”
Gearing diagram of drafting zone of ring frame machine:
Calculation of draft, draft constant and draft of each zone of the ring frame:
- Draft constant = 642.47
- Draft = 12.597
- Draft in front zone = 6.69
- Draft in the back zone = 1.88
Ring frame is the final and very important machine for build the yarn onto bobbin in a form suitable for storage, transportation and processing. It is used to twist the drafted strand to form yarn of required count and strength.
You may also like:
- Ring Spinning Machine: Drafting System, Different Parts and Functions
- Ring Frame: Gearing Diagram, Calculation of Spindle Speed & Front Roller Speed
- Cotton Yarn Spinning Process Step by Step
- Material Passage Diagram of Ring Frame
- Reasons for Poor Quality in Ring Spinning
- Roving Frame or Simplex Machine: Description and Material Passage
- Maintenance Procedure of Ring Spinning Machines
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.