Hydro extractor is a machine used in textile processing industry. Hydro-Extractors are also called Centrifuges. Centrifuges are used for water extraction (dewatering, pre-drying) of textile materials. Textile centrifugal extractors (hydro extractors) are a robust spin dryer and normally operate on a batch principal. Values of approximately 15% for residual moisture content can be achieved depending on the type of textile fiber.
Working Principle of Hydro Extractor Machine:
When using conventional batch hydroextractor, fiber is unloaded from the dyeing machine into specially designed fabric bags which allow direct crane loading of the centrifuge. When the perforated drum is revolved, the water is thrown out because of the centrifugal force. An extraction cycle of 3–5 min reduces the residual moisture content to approximately 1.0 L/kg dry fiber (in the case of wool). In case of hanks, they are unloaded directly into the rotating perforated cage. Hydroextraction reduces the moisture content approximately 0.4 L/kg dry weight. Hydroextraction is used for drying the washed clothes in domestic washing machines.
Centrifuges with perforated drums or baskets (Ø up to approx. 2000 mm) which oscillate vertically in ball-and-socket joints suspended on three points are produced in various designs as pendulating, suspension, cage and vertical centrifuges, also with so called gliding support bearings as gliding support centrifuges or in horizontal respectively vertical arrangements as open-width, horizontal and warp-beam centrifuges, etc. Most centrifuges have electric drives for speeds of approximately 750–1200 rpm and are generally provided with automatic control over various ranges. For safety reasons, an interlocking lid is essential on a centrifuge so that the motor cannot be started until the lid is locked, nor the lid raised until the basket is stationary again after the machine has been stopped.
When used for dewatering loose stock, the cake of loose fibers is transferred from the dyeing machine to the centrifuge and hydro-extracted before it is run into the fiber opener as a preliminary stage of drying in a perforated drum drier. If an immersion centrifuge is used, impregnation of the loose fibers with a spinning lubricant is also possible. In this case, the material is loaded into the centrifuge, liquor is then pumped in (until it covers the material), and the goods are finally hydro-extracted.
The advantage of such a procedure lies in the fact that a separate treatment of the textile material in an impregnation vat and the reloading of wet goods into the centrifuge are eliminated. Impregnation of textile material in the impregnation basket of a centrifuge is generally quicker and more effective for all processes than in a vat. The centrifugal force which drives the liquor through the goods during centrifuging accelerates penetration. It is possible to carry out several processes one after the other in an immersion centrifuge. In this case, however, separate drain channels and liquor tanks must be provided.
The basket of an immersion centrifuge has an outer casing without perforations which surrounds the cylindrical basket of a normal centrifuge (extended conically at the top). By this means, it is possible to fill it with liquor to the level of the upper rim. Only when the basket is set in motion does the liquor, which is driven outwards by centrifugal force, rise up the basket casing and run over the upper rim. Loose fiber material (loose stock) can also be centrifuged continuously. For the dewatering of yarn packages, other possible options besides the asymmetrical dewatering of columns of yarn packages in suitably shaped compartments of the centrifuge include symmetrical dewatering by the rotation of individual packages or columns of yarn packages which involves less risk of package deformation.
Technical Data of Hydro Extractor:
- Working width 1300mm
- Machine speed 5~30M/min
- Machine for the hydro extractor, softener, air ballooning type of cotton knitted tubular fabrics without tension, with fabrics entwisting, air balloon, control of the squeezing pressure and control of the final width of the fabric.
- Automatic control of the feeding without tension, no edge mark, final folding without stretching. Versions with simple or double squeezing and imbuing with softeners.
Advantages of Hydro Extractor Machine in Textile:
- No deformation of the packages.
- Excellent rewinding properties. Rewinding can even be eliminated in a lot of cases.
- Low residual moisture.
- Even humidity distribution through the package.
- Low energy consumption.
- Dyeing tubes last longer.
- Processes many different size packages.
- Operator of centrifuge can also load dryer.
- Maintenance-free brakes.
- Closed system for effluent.
- Low compressed air consumption.
- Significant energy savings.
You may also like:
- Parts, Functions and Working Process of Stenter Machine
- Fabric Dewatering Machine: Objectives, Process Sequence & Operational Parameters
- Dryer Machine in Textile | Drying Techniques in Textile Industry
- Compactor Machine Operation Manual and Safety Instruction
- How to Control Fabric Shrinkage, GSM and Dia in Compactor Machine
- Knit Fabric Turning Process | Features of Fabric Turning Machine
- Sueding Finishing Process: Mechanism, Application and Benefits
- Methods of Heat Setting in Textile Industry
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.