Different Types of Garment Washing Machine
B.Sc. in Textile Engineering
Green University of Bangladesh
The technology which is used to modify the appearance, outlook comfort ability and fashion of the garments is called garment washing.
Objects of Garment Washing:
Garment washing is the best touch of a garment. Same type of garments can produce several effects for several wash.
- To create wash look appearance, seems the new touch of fashion.
- By the washing technique, faded/old, color or tinted affect .
- Washing technique creates new fashion such as tagging, grinding, destroy, blasting, whickering, permanent wrinkle, deep dye, tie dye, p.p spray, hand crapping, p.p spoonzing etc.
- To reduce size materials that imports soft hand feels.
- To attraction the customers/buyer by different types of fashionable washing and market development.
- Due to washing, shrinkage occurs in the garments. There is no possibility of further shrinkage of the wash garments.
- Any dirt, spot or germ if added in the garments during manufacturing is also removed due to washing.
What is Washing Machine?
Washing machine is the machine used to wash the various types of clothes without applying any physical efforts. With washing machine you don’t have to rub the clothes with hand or squeeze them to remove the water from them. The washing machine is also called as clothes washer or simply the washer.
Type of Garment Washing Machine:
- Front Loading Washing Machine.
- Side Loading Washing Machine.
- Top loading washing machine.
- Stone Washing Machine.
- Semi-automatic washing machine.
- Fully automatic machine.
Front Loading Garment Washing Machine:
Features of Front Loading Washing Machine:
- Available with complete stainless steel inner & outer drum Front door.
- Long lasting rust free operation.
- Auto timed, auto reverse, auto temperature control.
- Auto Water Level Control.
- Electrically operated water & steam valves.
- Separate motors for wash & extract.
- Ideally suited for laundry wash & stone wash.
- Easy loading & unloading through large toughened glass door.
Side Loading Washing Machine:
Features of Side Loading Washing Machine:
- Electrically & mechanically interlocked, S.S.Loading & Unloading doors.
- Drive: Heavy duty motor co-ordinates with gear box, Pully V Belt drive.
- Electrical Control: Well protected for performance auto timed, auto reverse & auto digital temperature control.
- Protective device against single phasing, reverse phasing and motor overload.
- Gauge glass cork pair for water level indication.
- Front display of controls through pilot lamps, push buttons, water level indication etc.
- Electric, Steam or thermal fluid heated.
- Automatic features like auto timed, auto reverse, auto temperature controller with inching devise.
- Side Loading, open pocket, single & Double door, ideal for larger laundries.
- Performs all Type of wash with soap, detergent, bleaching, acid, stone or any chemical wash including dying.
- Ideally suited for Denim/Stone Washing, Enzyme Washing, Garment Dyeing & Bleaching, Softening, Milling Operation (for woolens).
- Interlocking system for main door opening for extra safety.
Top loading washing machine:
In this washing machine the clothes are loaded from the top of the washing machine. There is a cover at the top that helps loading and unloading of clothes in the round vessel that perform the function of the washer as well as the rinser and drier in the fully automatic washing machine.
Stone Washing Machine:
Objects of Stone Washing:
- To create or produce irregular fading or old looking affect on garments.
- To remove dust, oil spot, impurities from the garments.
- For soft felling to wear the garments i.e; to improve softness.
- To achieve the buyer washing standard.
Differences Between Front and Side Loading Washing Machine:
The main difference between a side loading and front loading washing machine is how the clothes are placed inside. A side loading machine has a hinged lid on side, allowing the clothes to be placed inside a horizontally-oriented watertight tub. In the center of this tub is a device called an agitator. The agitator’s job is to swirl the clothes through the soapy water. A front loader has no central agitator, but uses gravity and side-mounted paddles to agitate clothes. Once the front door is closed, it remains locked mechanically until the washing cycle is complete.
Advantages of Garment Washing:
- Starch materials is present in the new fabrics of he new garment are removed, hence feels soft during use.
- Softness feeling of garments could be further increased. Washed garment could be wear directly after purchase from store.
- Fading affect is produced in the garment in regular or irregular pattern.
- Fading affect could be produced in the specific area of the garment as per specific design.
- Different outlook of garment could be produced in the garment by different washing techniques.
- Similar outlook can be produced in the garments by different washing techniques.
- Initial investment cost to set up a garment washing plant is comparatively lower.
- Dirts and spots if present in the garment are removed.
- Shrinkage occurs in the garment washing, hence no possibility of further shrinkage.
Parts of the Garment Washing Machine and their Working:
- Water inlet control valve
- Water pump
- Agitator or rotating disc
- Motor of the washing
- Printed circuit board (PCB)
- Drain pipe
How to Use Your Washing Machine:
- Select a wash temperature that’s as close as possible to the maximum wash temperature on the care label.
- Choose the proper spin programme.
- Put detergent in the machine.
- Put the dirty items in the machine.
Note: Don’t overload the machine
You may also like:
- Garments Washing and Dyeing Machine: Features and Operations
- Popular Garment Wash Ideas in Apparel Business
- Factors Affecting Appearance After Washing of Garments
- Different Types of Textile Dyeing Machines
- Different Types of Garment Washing Techniques
- Garments Washing Techniques Used in Bangladesh
- Latest Dry Washing Techniques in Denim Garments
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.