How to Control Fabric Shrinkage, GSM and Dia in Compactor Machine?
B.J.Group, Mawna, Gazipur
Factor Consideration in Textile Finishing:
Compactor is a textile finishing machine which is designed specially for compacting 100% cotton knitted fabric like jersey, pique, interlock, plush, rib and sinker etc. The compacting machine is also called compactor or felt compactor. This machine is generally equipped with two steam chambers and two felt units. Fabric shrinkage control, fabric GSM control, fabric dia control etc. these major works are done by compacting machine.
- Shrinkage is controlled by proper over feeding.
- To apply less or more over feed speed fabrics reduce along to length and increase along to width. Maximum 70 – 75% shrinkage is controlled by using it.
Fabric GSM Control:
- GSM is also controlled by applying proper over feeding speed.
- If over feed is more then GSM is also more.
- If Over feed speed is less then GSM is also is less.
- If Dia is more then GSM of the fabric will less.
- If Dia is less then the GSM of the fabric will more.
N.B: If GSM of the fabric is OK then shrinkage is also OK.
- Dia is controlled by dia controlling meter scale.
- If any fault, GSM of the fabric is reduced then to increase the GSM of the fabric dia will have to be reduced (2 – 3) inch.
- If Over feed speed is more then Dia of the fabric will be more.
- If Over feed speed is less then Dia of the fabric will be less.
- If length is more then width of the fabric is reduced.
- If length is less then width of the fabric is more.
N.B: Fabric speed is controlled on the fabric dia. Here, Dia less or More fully depends on yarn count and buyer order. Dia is done less or more by using expander rod.
|Single jersey||1.5 – 2 inch +.|
|Rib fabric||2 – 2.5 inch +.|
|Interlock||3 – 3.5 inch +.|
|Pique||3 – 3.5 inch +.|
- Fabric GSM Control.
- Shrinkage Control.
- Dia Control.
Depends on Dia:
|Fabric||Over Feed Speed (m/min)|
|Lycra||30 – 35|
|1×1 Rib||28 – 30|
|Single jersey||26 – 27|
|2×2 Lycra rib||23 – 24|
|Lacoste||23 – 24|
|Normal over feed speed||22/23/24/25|
You may also like:
- Causes and Remedies of Spirality in Knitted Fabric
- How to Measure Fabric Shrinkage in Textile and Apparel Industry
- Pilling on Clothes | Causes and Reduction of Pilling from Clothes
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.