Name of the Experiment:
Study on Blind Stitch sewing machine and production sample.
For the clothing industry there is a great diversity of regular and special machines for sewing every conceivable type of garment and it is this variety which enables garment manufacturing to employ specialized equipment for their own particular requirement. These sewing machines are used for sewing fabrics and garments, leather goods, sacks, tents; bags etc. There are many types of sewing machines. Some are used for special purposes such as Chain Stitch machine, Flat Lock machine, Feed of the Arm machine etc, this type of machines works with continuous sewing and so these are called automatic machine. Here we study on a type of machine that is Blind Stitch sewing machine.
- To know about the machine parts.
- To sketch the thread path.
- To know about sewing mechanism of blind stitch sewing machine.
- To know the working principle of blind stitch machine.
- To know the types of needle, its no, size, SPM, group, TPI of the machine.
- Name : Industrial blind stitch machine.
- Brand : Brother
- Model : CM3-B938
- Group : Chain stitch
- Needle no : 1
- Needle name : LW´6T
- Needle size : 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 20 & 21
- SPM : 2500-3000
- TPI : 3-4 inch
- Attaching hemming & facing.
Different parts of blind stitch machine:
- Thread stand
- Pressure feed lever
- Skip stitch device
- Thread guides
- Thread take-up lever
- Stitch length adjustment
- Disc type tensioner
- Needle Looper
- Pressure feed
- Stitch density
The stitch produced by this machine in the fabric is not shown from face side and so this is called blind stitch machine. Usually curved needle is used in this machine as it can penetrate in the fabric partially. The needle comes out from the side of the fabric through which it penetrated. Again in maximum blind stitch machine optional skip device is attested by which it is possible to penetrate the outside layer after one or two stitch. The speed of this type of machine is up to 2500 SPM and the stitch length can be 3 to 8 mm long. Usually one thread is used to make the stitch but two threads may also be used. In case of two threads blind stitch, it is safe from opening. Mainly for attaching hemming or facing this machine is used.
Blind stitch machine is one of the important sewing machines in garment factory of making a complete garment. This type of machine cannot be used for normal purpose. But for making a complete garment their importance cannot be denied. Special care and sufficient knowledge is necessary for proper working. Otherwise faulty sewing may be done. By this practical we learn about the different parts, thread path and blind stitch sewing system in a practical manner. I would like to give special thanks to our teacher. I am also grateful to our instructors. I think this will be helpful in our future life.
You may also like:
- Working Aids in Sewing Machine and Garment Production
- Sewing Machine Maintenance Schedule
- Overlock Sewing Machine: Repair, Maintenance, Setting and Replacement of Different Parts
- Maintenance, Repair and Setting of Lock Stitch Machine
- Sewing Machine Engineering and Attachments
- Thread Path, Parts & Main Adjustment Points of Overlock Machine
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.