Name of the Experiment:
Study on Bartack sewing machine & produce sample.
There are many types of sewing machine. Some are used for special purposes such as bar-tack, buttonhole attaching machine, button hole making machine etc. This type of machines works in a cycle and so these are called simple automatic machine. Here we study on a type of machine that is bar tack machine. Bar tack means to increase strength of small length of fabric by sewing on it and then by repeating it. For example – belt loop, opening of pocket. It is a simple automatic machine which produces stitches in a cyclic order.
- To know about the machine parts.
- To know about the thread path of bartacking machine.
- To know about the parts of bartack sewing machine.
- To know the working principle of this machine.
- To know the SPM, TPI, needle name, needle size of this machine.
- Brand : JUKI
- Model : LK1850
- Group : Lock stitch
- Needle use : DPX5
- Needle size : 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 20 & 21
- SPM : 3000-3600
- TPH : 6-7 inch
- Pressure : 64
- Length : 1-1.5 cm
- Made in : Japan.
- TPI (Thread per inch) per pressure: 64 stitch.
Different parts of bartack sewing machine:
- Bobbin winding
- Bobbin winding spring tensioner
- Back stitch lever
- Spring tensioner post box
- Thread guide
- Knife lever
- Thread take-up lever
- Pressure feed guide
- Throat plate
- Bobbin case
- Pressure lever
A = Cone Package
B = Thread
C = Guitd
D = Guide
E = Guide
F = Tensioner
G = Tensioner
H = Guide
I = Guide
J = Thread take up lever
K = Guide
L = Guide
M = Needle
In a few length of cloth sewing again and again after sewing one time to increase the power of bearing load of that place of cloth is called bar tack. A bar tack machine can sew strongly within a few lengths cyclically. At first doing tack stitch (1-2 cm) then in opposite make cover stitch (zigzag) on tack stitch. A little change can be done between tack stitch and cover stitch.
Working principle bartack machine:
At first this machine produces tack stitches in a small length (1-2 cm) and then sews covering stitches over and at right angles to the first stitches. The variables are the number of tacking stitches and the number of covering stitches. Typical uses are closing the ends of buttonholes, reinforcing the ends of pocket openings and the bottoms of flies and sewing on belt loops. The adjustment points of this machine are needle, pressure feed, stitch length, stitch density.
Uses of bar tack machine:
- Attaching belt loops.
- Increasing strength in corner of pocket.
- Closing the two corners of button hole.
- At the end of zipper.
- In that place where more strength is needed to support extra load.
Bartack sewing machine cannot be used for normal purpose. But for making a complete garment it’s importance cannot be denied. Special care and sufficient knowledge is necessary for proper working. Otherwise faulty sewing may be done. I would like to give special thanks to our teacher. I am also grateful to our instructors. I think this will be very helpful in my future life.
You may also like:
- Blind Stitch Sewing Machine: Parts, Thread Path and Sewing Mechanism
- Working Aids in Sewing Machine and Garment Production
- Sewing Machine Maintenance Schedule
- Overlock Sewing Machine: Repair, Maintenance, Setting and Replacement of Different Parts
- Maintenance, Repair and Setting of Lock Stitch Machine
- Sewing Machine Engineering and Attachments
- Thread Path, Parts & Main Adjustment Points of Overlock Machine
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.