Sewing Machine Maintenance Schedule
Dept of Fashion Design & Arts
Hindustan University, Chennai, India
Sewing Machine Maintenance:
Good sewing of garments are achieved through quality of the sewing machine. It is said that, sewing machine is the heart of apparel manufacturing process. A good garment is made on good sewing machine. So, the maintenance of the industrial sewing machines is always good enough to provide good quality oriented seams. Maintenance of a sewing machine helps to improve its working. If can take proper care of sewing machine then easily can run many years. Sewing machines generally require basic maintenance of cleaning, oiling, and lubricating. But first and most important part of doing maintenance is to do proper cleaning of the machine parts.
In previous article we have discussed about Preventive Maintenance of Industrial Sewing Machine. In this article, we will highlight Sewing Machine Maintenance Schedule.
Note when operators are leaving, they must keep small piece of fabric under the needle, wipe put cover on machine.
PRODUCTION MANAGER & FACTORY MANAGER
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE (WEEKLY BASIS)
OVER HAULING (MONTHLY BASIS)
OIL CHANGE (ONCE IN 45 DAYS)
REMARK: FACTORY MANAGER
The above mentioned tips are more useful to the sewing room personnel. Sewing mechanics are must be able to prevent the sewing defects by maintaining the care of the industrial sewing machines. Defect free seam and stitches of garments are always having the value-added products and gain more profitable. Seams quality must be obtained through the preventive maintenance of the industrial sewing machines respectively. Most sewing machines encounter problems that can be traced to poor general maintenance or neglect. But with some simple tools and just a few minutes daily, weekly, or monthly, depending on how much our sewing machine is used, we can help keep our machine running smoothly.
- Technology of Clothing Manufacture-Carr.
- An Introduction to Garment Manufacture- Gerry Cooklin.
- The Sewing Machine Master Guide: From Basic to Expert by Clifford L. Blodget
You may also like:
- Preventive Maintenance of Industrial Sewing Machines
- Overlock Sewing Machine: Repair, Maintenance, Setting and Replacement of Different Parts
- Maintenance, Repair and Setting of Lock Stitch Machine
- Sewing Machine Engineering and Attachments
- Common Sewing Machine Problems and Remedies
- Causes and Remedies of Sewing Problems
- Anatomy of a Sewing Machine Needle and Functions
- Different Parts of a Sewing Machine Needle with Functions
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.