Study of Button attaching machine and production of sample.
There are many types of sewing machine. Some are used for special purposes such as bartack machine, button hole making machine etc. This type of machines works in a cycle and so these are called simple automatic machine. Here we study on such a type of machine that is button attaching machine. Button sewing machine is a special type of machine which is used in apparel industries to attach button so it is called button attaching machine.
A button attaching machine is used to sew the button in the garment without damaging it. Various types of buttons like a button with two holes, four holes or shank could be sewn on this machine by making simple adjustments. The sewing action comprises a series of parallel stitches whose length is equal to the distance between the centers of the holes. The needle has only vertical movement but the button moves sideways by means of the button clamp for stitching. A hopper feed is a special attachment that automatically feeds the button to the clamp of the needle point of the machine. With this attachment, the button and needle are automatically positioned and the threads are clipped. Button attaching machine is ideal for stitching Shirts, T-shirts, Uniforms etc. It is highly applicable in number of different garment applications.
- To know about the machine parts.
- To know about the thread path.
Features of button attaching machine:
In garment sewing, button attaching machines is used because huge amount of apparel is made here. Attaching or sewing button by hand is time consuming. That’s why button attaching machine is used in garment industry.
The features of button sewing machine is specified here shortly:
- It is a simple automatic machine.
- Button positioning can be automatic.
- Sewing is according to the hole in button and may be cross or parallel.
- Button can be sewn using lock stitch or chain stitch.
- Automatic feeding of the shirt buttons
- Buttons with 2 holes, 4 holes or shanks can be sewn on the same machine.
- Generally the needle has a vertical movement only.
- Button is moved from side to side by the button clamp.
- Machine has a number of stitches. i.e. 16, 24 or 32 are adjusted.
- Brand: JUKI
- Model: MB-377
- Group: Chain stitch
- Needle no: 1
- Needle use: TQX1
- Needle size: 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 20 & 21
- SPM: 1200-1500
- TPI: Per pressure 64
- Adjustment: Thread, tension, needle & button
- Thread stand
- Thread guide
- Disc type tensioner
- Thread guides
- Thread take-up lever
- Thread guide
There are different types of button attaching machine and different types of clamps are needed for different types and sizes of buttons. Especially there may two or three holes in the button. Again button of three holes may be attached by parallel or cross sewing. Buttons may be of different types specially there may be shank below the button or during sewing shank may be made by thread. For sewing button lock stitch, chain stitch or hand stitch machine may be used. When using chain stitch the sewing looks neat below the button but the safety of stitch is low that is the button may be fall out opening the sewing. This will not happen when used lock stitch but it is not as neat as chain stitch. In automatic machine by a hopper and pipe button is fed in button clamp in auto system and button is positioned. Moreover a predetermined number buttons can be attached in a cycle in a predetermined distant in a dress.
Button attaching machine works for stitching shirt buttons in a cycle and so these are also called simple auto machine. This type of machine can not be used for normal purpose. But for making a complete garment their importance can not be denied. Special care and sufficient knowledge is necessary for proper working. Otherwise faulty sewing may be done. I would like to give special thanks to our teacher. I am also grateful to our instructors. I think this will be very helpful in my future life.
You may also like:
- Button Hole Machine: Parts, Specification and Working Principle
- Button and Buttonhole: Types, Techniques and Machines
- Blind Stitch Sewing Machine: Parts, Thread Path and Sewing Mechanism
- Bartack Sewing Machine: Parts, Working Principle & Uses
- Working Aids in Sewing Machine and Garment Production
- Sewing Machine Maintenance Schedule
- Sewing Machine Engineering and Attachments
- Thread Path, Parts & Main Adjustment Points of Overlock Machine
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.