Garments Washing and Dyeing Machine: Features and Operations
Department of Textile engineering
World University of Bangladesh
For more than last 60 years, continuous research and development is going on garments washing, dyeing technique, process and machine. Various types of garments washing and dyeing machine have been developed and all those garments dyeing machines can be classified into following two groups:
- Paddle dyeing machine
- Rotary drum dyeing machine
- Desizing, Scouring, Bleaching, Dyeing, Finishing and Washing could be done in the same machine.
- Lower liquor ratio in garments dyeing requires lower water, steam, and chemical consumption, hence lower garments dyeing cost.
Features of Garments Washing and Dyeing Machine:
- Made of stainless steel.
- There are two big circular cylinders.
- Outer cylinder is made of solid stainless steel.
- Inner cylinder is perforated and also made of stainless steel.
- A sliding door is used to load and unload materials.
- There are chemical dozing doors.
- Outer cylinder is fixed with the machine frame.
- Inner cylinder is placed within the outer cylinder by shaft.
- Inner cylinder is related by motor pulley and belt drive from both sides.
- Auto reversal unit assist in duel direction of the cylinder rotation.
- Duel direction is necessary for avoiding roping.
- there are 3 bars at 120° apart about 6˝ height in the inner cylinder.
- There is a gap about 4˝ between outer and inner cylinder.
- A glass tube is connected to the outer cylinder.
- There is a panel board above the machine to control some machine operating parameters.
A process of dyeing textiles in a machine that gently move the goods using paddles similar to a paddle wheel on a boat. This is a slow process, but there is extremely little abrasion on the goods. Horizontal Paddle Machines (overhead paddle machine) consist of a curved beck like lower suction to contain the materials and the dye liquor. The goods are moved by a rotating paddle, which extends across the width of the machine. Half immersed paddles cause the material to move upwards and downwards throughout the liquor.
The temperature can be raised to 980C in such system. Lateral / oval paddle machines consist of oval tank to enhance the fluid flow and the processing the goods. In the middle of this tank is a closed oval island. The paddle moves in a lateral direction and is not half submerged in the liquor and the temperature can be increased up to 980C. HT Paddle Machines work according to the principle of horizontal paddle machine; however, the temperature can be raised up to 1400C. PES articles are preferably dyed on HT paddles.
In paddle machines, the dyeing can be carried out with 30:1 to 40:1, lower ratios reduce optimum movement of the goods, lead to unlevel dyeing, crease formation. For gentleness, the blades of the paddle are either curved or have rounded edges and the rotating speed of the paddle can be regulated from 1.5 to 40 rpm. Circulation of the liquor should be strong enough to prevent goods from sinking to the bottom. Paddle machines are suitable for dyeing articles of all substrates in all forms of make ups. The goods are normally dyed using PP/PET bags.
In this experiment, we can know that which the working procedure of Industrial garments dyeing and washing machine. It is very helpful in our future life when we are working in textile industry.
You may also like:
- Different Types of Textile Dyeing Machines
- Different Types of Garment Washing Techniques
- Garments Washing Techniques Used in Bangladesh
- Latest Dry Washing Techniques in Denim Garments
- Different Types of Dyestuffs in Relation to the Fiber Substrate
- Importance and Techniques of Dyes Selection in Textile Dyeing Process
- Development of Natural Additives in Dyeing of Cotton Fabric Using Reactive Dyes
- Salt Free Dyeing of Cotton Fabric with Reactive Dyes
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.