Recent Development of Carding Machine in Spinning Mill
Dept. of Textile Technology
Sarvajanik College of Engineering & Technology, Surat, India
- Carding is the ‘Heart’ of Spinning.
- Opening to individual fibers, this enables elimination of impurities from fiber and performance of other operations.
- Elimination of impurities occurs mainly in the region of the taker-in.
- The degree of cleaning achieved by modern card is very high, in the range of 90 -95%. Thus, the overall degree of cleaning achieved by the blow-room and carding room together is as high as 95 -99%. Card sliver still contains 0.05 – 0.03% of foreign matter.
- Elimination of dust, which are bound to the fibers. Significant fiber/metal and fiber/fiber friction is needed in order to loosen such particles, this are available in carding operation.
- Thus the recent development in the carding machine, are carried out to produce better sliver. The following sections discuss some of the recent development in the carding machine.
Recent Development of Carding Machine:
- Chute feed System,
- Pre- Carding Zone,
- Multiple Taker-in (Licker-in),
- Carding Zone,
- Post Carding Zone,
- Suction System,
- Wab Doffing Device,
- Auto leveling, and
- Coiler & Can Changer.
Comparisons of Two Card:
Mainly three company are produced card in worldwide.
- Rieter (International)
- Laxmi Machinery Works (India)
- Truetzschler (Germany)
And comparisons between two model of machine:
- Rieter (C4-C70)
- LMW (LC-300, -LC-363/361)
- Rieter is a leading supplier on the world market for textile machinery and components used in short staple fiber spinning.
- Based in Winterthur (Switzerland), the company develops and manufactures systems, machinery and technology components used to convert natural and manmade fibers and their blends into yarns.
- Model No.: – C 4
- Invented in- 1987-88
- Production.; – Up to 50 kg/hr.
- Low speed card
- No of flats. – 84
- No. of flats in contacts. – 30
- Card width- Less than 1 meter
- With Aero chute feed system.
- Automatic can changer, Ø 24” (600 x 1200 mm),
- Single Licker-in.
- Aero feed chute feed system.
- Model No.- C70
- High performance card
- Invented in; – 2012
- Production: – 120-160 kg/hr.
- No. of Flats. – 99
- No. of Flats in contacts. – 48
- Card Width. -1.5 meter
- Auto can changer
- Multiple Licker-in(Optional)
- Auto leveler with100% Leveling
- 40% high production then C60
- Uniform Feed
- Also, aero fine chute feed system
More developments in C70
- The draw frame module is available in two versions:
- C 70 SB without auto leveling system
- C 70 RSB with the mill-proven Rieter autoleveling system
- High-performance High-speed machine.
- Economical & Flexible
- Flexible card clothing
- 60% more ACI to conventional card
- Touch screen display system
2. Lakshmi Machinery Works (LMW)
Lakshmi Machine Works Ltd., has been consistently at the forefront of technological advancements in textile machinery. A period of time, the company has gained a worldwide reputation for its state-of-the-art technology and high-quality standards.
- Model no.- LC300a-v3
- Production Rate.; – Up to 80 kg/hr.
- Feeding System: – Chute feed/Lap
- Working width. – 1000 mm
- Single licker-in
- Auto leveler
- No of flats. – 93
- In working zone-33
- Can size. – 600*1000 mm
- Can Changer; – Automatic Rotary
- Model no.- LC363/361
- Production Rate; – Up to 120kg/hr
- High speed elements.
- Feeding System; – Chute feed
- Working Width; – 1000 mm
- Multiple licker-in
- High auto performance leveling
- No. of flats. – 97
- In working zone. – 36
- 40”X48” Standalone Rotary Can changer
More developments in LC363
- Dust Extraction; – By individual suction Point or System
- Aluminum alloy flats with Increased no. of revolving flats.
- All type sensors are available. e.g.- can change, limit switch, etc.…
- Touch Screen Display
- Flexible clothing.
- High productivity.
- Application Range; –
- Cotton 20-40mm Staple length,
- Man-made or Blend Up to 60mm staple length.
More Datas Of LC 363
- Sliver Range. – 0.08-0.18ne
- Draft. – 60-300
- Weight of Feed. – 400-800 G/M
- Total Waste. – 2-10 %
- Total Weight of Machine. – 7000 Kg. (7-ton)
Compressed Air requirement: –
- System pressure. – 6 bar minimum
- Operating system. – 4-5 bar (58-72 psi)
- Air consumption. – 0.7 Nm3/hr.
You may also like:
- Recent Developments of Ring Frame Machine
- Recent Developments of Simplex Machine
- Roller Card in Carding for Non-woven and Wool Carding
- USTER HVI 1000: Principles of Fiber Testing
- Ring Spinning Machine: Drafting System, Different Parts and Functions
- Spinning Testing Lab Equipments, Their Specifications and Functions
- Ring Data System and Its Application on Ring Frame
- Overview of Digital Autoleveller in Draw Frame
- Integrated Composite Spinning (ICS) System: Production and Advantages
- Innovation in Spinning Technologies for Denim Wear
- Friction (DREF) Spinning Process: Types, Advantages and Applications
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.