Recent Developments of Ring Frame Machine
B.Tech Textile Technology
PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, India
Spinning process is done by machine called ring frame. It converts the bobbin into a yarn. The bobbin taken from the previous process fly frame is mounted on ring frame either automatically or manually. The ring frame stretches the material using a drafting 2s and 140s. Ring yarn is finer and more hairy when compared to open end.
Need of Developments of Ring Frame Machine:
In ring frame machine a large number of changes or developments had occurred for continuous improvement in production, quality and efficiency…
- Air suction.
- Air pipes.
- Additional air conditioning requirements.
- Production of high strength yarns.
- Spinning of fine yarn count.
- Proper for special yarns.
- It is flexible as regards quantities (blend & lot size)
- The speeds in drawing section are best controlled, yarn evenness is excellent. But if short fibers are too much, yarn unevenness occurs.
- Fine yarns can be produced as compared to open-end spinning system
- Process stages are more numerous. Roving stages exists as an extra process compared to other systems.
- The high speed of the traveler damages the fibers.
- Capacity of the cops is limited.
- Energy cost is very high.
- Low production rate.
Zones in Ring Frame:
There are totally four types of zones.
- Creel zone
- Drafting zone
- Twisting zone
- Winding zone
1. Creel zone
- Reduction in maintenance costs.
- Easy creeling.
- Space saving as because most of the creel bars are not used.
- Higher initial cost.
Automatic roving transfer:
- Automatic transfer of roving bobbins from roving frame to ring frame.
- No deterioration in roving quality due to storage and handling.
- Better yarn quality.
2. Drafting zone
In conventional system,
- All gear driven.
- Difficulty with setting alteration.
- Needs to change gears when some parameters to be changed, Example– draft, twist
Automated drafting system:
- All rollers driven by individual motors, controlled by individual drives.
- Possible to alter draft and twist from the key pad. Fine turning of twist & draft adjustments possible.
- Interfacing & drive communication through and other types of protocols make controls simple and very accurate.
New automated drafting system:
3. Twisting zones:
The orbit ring / traveller system is designed for spinning at top speeds whilst producing best yarn quality.
The SU ring / traveller system is suitable for the processing of synthetics spinning at top speeds whilst producing best yarn quality.
Features of Orbit system:
- Large contact area between traveller and the ring. This reduces the specific pressure
- Optimum heat dissipation traveller to the ring.
Features of SU system:
- Large contact area between ring and traveller reduces the specific pressure.
- Optimum heat dissipation traveller to ring.
You may also like: Ring Spinning Machine: Drafting System, Different Parts and Functions
- Compact spinning is simply the modification of conventional ring spinning systems.
- Ring yarns which are spun on ring spinning frame without a spinning triangle, are unsurpassed in respect of their high strength and minimum hairiness.
- A long spinning triangle implies a long weak point more end breaks.
- A short triangle represent a small weak point fewer end breaks.
- If it is too short then the fibers on the edge must be strongly deflected to bind them in.
Comparison of conventional ring spun yarn & compact yarn:
1. Used to make the doffing function automated
2. It has the main components
- Doffing Beam unit
- Servo Disc Belt
- ROBO DOFF unit
- The doffer transfers the full cops to the SERVO disc transport system, which conveys them either to the transfer station of the winder or to the fully automated ROBO load tube loader.
- The SERVO disc prevents tilting and thus ensure smooth transport, while the machine already resumes yarn production.
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.