Batching Process in Textile:
Batching is the process where inspected grey fabrics are divided into different batches with reasonable quantity according to machine capacity, nozzle number in order to make them suitable for the further operation in batching. It must be carefully observed that each nozzle of a machine contains equal length of fabric. Batching process in textile industry is a preparatory stage for dyeing. Generally, batching is the receiving section of grey fabric and sending section of grey fabric to the dyeing section which will dye. Batching is the process to get ready the fabrics which should be dyed and processed for a particular lot of a particular order.
Organogram of Batch Section:
Batch in Charge
Batch Processing Flow Chart:
Flow chart of batching process in textile industry is given bellow:
Receive batch card from Grey In-charge
Make the priority as per dyeing plan
Take one specific Batch card
Read the Batch Card for own understanding
Check the availability of fabric
Take required quantity of body fabric from ware-house
Make required no. of Rope maintaining equal length
Take collar/cuff as per size, keep the total weight
Distribute the collar/cuff or Rib in each rope equally unsure equal length
Stitch the fabric
Write down the weight against roll no. in the back side of the Batch Card
Write the total weight in Batch card
Put signature and date.
Fill up the production report form.
Types of Batch:
- Solid batch / non-assort batch: same diameter
- Rational batch / Assort batch: various diameter
1. Solid batch:
This type of batch is prepared randomly to the total amount of fabric.
2. Rational Batch:
This type of batch is prepared according to the ratio of number of nozzle the fabric diameter and structure.
Functions and Purposes of Batch Section:
- To receive the grey fabrics roll from knitting section or other source.
- Make a batch plan manually, keeping in mind the process losses which would take place along production route (e.g. dyeing process loss, cutting loss etc.).
- Grey fabrics are weighted for ensuring the actual size.
- To turn out the tubular fabric to safe the face side of the fabric from any type of friction during dyeing.
- To prepare the batch of fabric for dyeing according to the following criteria-
- Order sheet (Receive from buyer)
- Dyeing shade
- M/c available
- Type of fabrics (100% cotton, PC, CVC etc.)
- To send the grey fabric to the dyeing floor with batch card.
- To keep records for every previous dyeing.
- Reduce idle time of a dyeing machine.
- Arrange the fabric for dyeing according to quantity, fiber type, fabric structure and shade.
- Gradually reduce grey fabric inventory (which is replenished as production proceeds).
Criteria of Proper Batching:
The grey fabric is sent to the dyeing floor with a batch card providing details of the fabric rolls, the processes to be carried out and the sales contract against which the process is taking place. Records are maintained for the same. The criteria for proper batching are:
- To use maximum capacity of existing dyeing machine.
- To minimize the washing time or preparation time and machine stoppage time.
- To keep the no. of batch as less as possible for same shade.
- To use a particular machine for dyeing same shade.
Considering Factors for Batching:
- Stock of grey fabric.
- Capacity of machine.
- Rope length of Fabric.
- Dwell time of fabric.
- Type of finish.
- Type of fabric
- Types of yarn
- Structure of fabric
- GSM of fabric
- Amount of fabric
- Machine type
- Machine availability
- Shade of dyeing
- Priority of work Etc.
Information in Batch Card:
- Order No
- Yarn count
- Yarn lot
- Stitch length
- Rope length
- Yarn brand
- Machine No
- Roll No
Primarily batching is done by dyeing manager taking the above criteria under consideration. Batch section in charge receives this primary batch plan from dyeing manager. Sometime planning is adjusted according to machine condition or emergency.
Fabric Turner Machine:
The machine by which counting of rolls and face/back side of fabric is opened is called turner machine. It is also called tubular fabric reversing machine. Inverting tubular knit fabric is the principal task of this machine.
Specification of Fabric Turner Machine:
- Type : Air turner machine
- Brand Name : Dongnam
- Model : D NAT 400
- Origin : Korea
Object for turning of single jersey:
- To reduce enzyme dust and spot on face side.
- To reduce friction at face side.
- To control the grain line.
- To select nozzle to nozzle (For unturned).
Considering factors for machine loading:
- Machine Efficiency.
- Total Rope Length.
- Turning is only for single jersey fabric and its derivatives (PQ, lacoste fabric etc).
- But fleece, double jersey and their derivatives are kept unturned.
- Precaution should be taken during batching. Otherwise lot may be mixed and causes in dyeing problem.
For more details you can read: Features of Fabric Turning Machine
Batching process in textile is very important. Because, proper batch can minimize the batch to batch shade variation. It can near or same dyeing condition for every batch of same shade. Thus it improves the dyeing quantity and minimizes a lot of dyeing cost. Batch card should contain important information such as order no, color, count, lot, stitch length, rope length, diameter, machine no. Better quality of dyeing depends on batch preparation.
You may also like:
- Typical Preparatory Process of Dyeing
- Knit Fabric Turning Process | Features of Fabric Turning Machine
- Importance and Techniques of Dyes Selection in Textile Dyeing Process
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.