Study of Single Truck Single Jersey Circular Knitting Machine.
- To know about the different parts of this machine.
- To learn the functions of these parts.
- Two draw the yarn path diagram of this machine.
- To know about the gearing diagram of single jersey circular knitting machine for production calculation with the help of gearing diagram.
Parts of Single Truck Single Jersey Circular Knitting Machine
Different parts of this machine is given bellow.
1. Latch needle: This type of needle has a special sliding latch with other common features. This part is used to form loops.
2. Cams: There are three types of cams:
- Knit cam: This cam helps needle to form knit loops.
- Tuck cam: This cam helps needle to form tuck loops.
- Miss cam: This cam helps needle to form miss loops.
3. Sinker: There are three types of sinkers:
- Loop forming sinker: This sinker is used to sink or kink the newly laid yarn.
- Holding down sinker: This sinker is used to hold down the old loops.
- Knocking-over sinker: This sinker supports the old loop as the new loop is drawn through it.
4. Feeding unit: A feeder supplies yarn to needles. A positive feeder contains the following parts:
- Knot catcher: This part finds any fault in yarn.
- Yarn tensioner: This part gives proper tension to yarn for proper knitting.
5. Timing belt/Tooth belt: This part helps machine to stop immediately.
6. VDQ Pulley: This part is used to control stitch length of the knitted fabric.
7. Cylinder: This frame contains needles, cams, jacks and sinkers.
8. Sinker Ring: Sinkers are placed on the sinker cam in the sinker ring.
9. Needle Detector: This part detects the any type of faults of needles.
10. Fabric Detector: This part detects any fault of fabric.
11. Adjustable Fan: This part removes lint, hairy fiber from yarn and others.
12. Take up Roller: This part is used to take up the fabric from cylinder.
13. Cloth Roller: The final product i.e. cloth is wound on this roller.
14. Expander: This part is used to control the width of fabric.
15. Creel: This part is used to contain yarn packages.
To drive a machine properly and to get the maximum product from a machine it is very essential to know very well about its different parts and their controls. This practical helps me to know about the different parts of a single jersey circular machine and their functions. So I think it will be very helpful in my future career.
You may also like:
- Production Calculation of Single Truck Single Jersey Circular Knitting Machine
- Compare between Single Jersey Single Truck & Single Jersey Four Truck Circular Knitting Machine
- Four Truck Single Jersey Circular Knitting Machine
- Features and Uses of the Raschel Warp Knitting Machine
- Tricot Warp Knitting Machine: Parts & Working Principle
- V-bed Knitting Machine: Parts, Cam Arrangement and Knitting Action
- Difference between Raschel and Tricot Warp Knitting Machine
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.