Oekotech or Ecotech (Ecological Protection Textile)
Shubham Anil Jain
Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited
What is Ecotech or Oekotech?
The application of technical textiles is applied over environment-friendly engineering is referred to as Oekotech or Ecotech. Garbage management of waste, which refers to using Geotextiles materials to secure landfills against leaking toxic materials, is essential. This innovation aids in the reduction of oil extraction while reducing the negative effects on the environment. Even it is found that, environmental protection in the global oekotech textiles market is basically used to prevent and minimize environmental pollution. The textile products are made from natural materials, which include cotton, flax linen (linen), hemp, jute fiber, etc., that make them environmentally friendly as they do not require chemical processing or synthetic material to create their fibers.
Some Eco Friendly Textile Fibre:
1. Organic cotton is one of the prominent fibre grown without any toxic, synthetic chemical inputs. They are non-genetically engineered and natural fertilizers are used for growing it. Even it requires less energy and fuel and it emits fewer greenhouse gases into the air, so it has a lower carbon footprint than traditional cotton farming.
2. When it is about bamboo is normally grown with very few chemical inputs as well as has antibacterial properties and it’s a biodegradable one.
3. Hemp is a renewable one, requires little or no pesticides, grows without fertilizer, the special feature of it is, that it doesn’t diminish soil nutrients. Organic wool is that wool which is not exposed to any chemicals like pesticides.
4. Lyocell is 100% biodegradable and is a form of rayon which is made from natural cellulose wood pulp. At the time of manufacturing it uses less-toxic chemicals in a closed loop process. Soyabean fiber is the by product of soya bean while processing for food purpose.
5. The next is recycled cotton, which is also an eco friendly one. It is made from recovered cotton that would be discarded off during spinning, weaving, knitting or garment cutting process. Recycled polyester is another example in this concern.
6. Other mentionable eco-friendly fibres are Lenpur and Inego fibre. Lenpur is an eco-friendly fiber which is made from the pulp of sustainable white fir trees. Inego fibre is fermented from plant sugars in corn. Eco-Fi is undoubtedly an interesting one as it is a polyester fiber which is made from recycled plastic bottles.
You may also like: List of Eco-fibres in Textile Industry
In current scenario, world is facing a huge destructive situation due to the vast use of her inimical textile as well as other products. In the different stages of processing of textile materials she is being harmed very badly. Oekotech can be a great relief for her in this condition.
Oekotech Market Size:
It is estimated that the Global Oekotech Textiles Market is expected to reach USD 16.5 billion by the year 2030 and is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% over the next decade. Even the market demand for products that deals with environmentally-friendly standards has increased tremendously as consumers become more conscious about the environment and sustainability. Manufacturers are using eco-friendly materials such as recycled polyester and organic cotton in their production process which helps reduce the overall environmental impact of textile manufacturing process.
Even the Ecotech Textiles are fabrics that can be used in various kinds of industries, for e.g carpets, furniture, and clothing. Oeko textiles are defined by the use of natural materials such as cotton, wool, or silk to create a fabric with an environmentally sustainable process. It is made up of organic and ecological substances which are processed without harmful chemicals or toxic substances being released into nature. It is find that, a typical Oekotech Textiles will have at least 20% recycled content making it renewable from this point on for generations to come – they might also contain no chemical dyes, pesticides, polluting solvents, etc., all leading towards creating an environment-friendly product.
Importance of Ecotech or Oekotech:
1. Nowadays, people are becoming more conscious and aware about the products they are buying as well as also with methods and material they are made from. That’s why manufacturers are creating styles crafted from sustainable resources.
2. It is clearly seen that, from sport shirts to fleece to accessories, eco friendly products and articles are a welcome alternative that are designed to work in harmony with nature. When a person purchase a product that is organic, recycled or produced in an environmentally friendly manner then one feels like he have voted with the dollars and helped create a demand for alternative products.
3. Ecotech products is a fledgling part of the apparel and textile industry it will take time to make it to the mainstream in a more profound way, but as time goes on more products will be available for the environmentally conscious consumer.
4. Eco Friendly Clothing is the hot topic these days and with the goings on in the world, economy and our daily lives eco friendly apparel and textiles, makes sense. Organic clothing and recycled clothing are nice ways to treat out earth in a friendly manner and at the same time be fashionable and hip with your friends.
5. The particular styles are available in different range from plain white t-shirts, polo shirts and hats made of bamboo, and apparel created with recycled plastic bottles. As with anything there are downsides to eco friendly clothing such as it a little more expensive for consumer, but when compared to the upside the argument for more organic clothing is strong.
Oekotech Textiles Market Segmentation:
It is seen that, on the basis of type, the Global Oekotech Textiles Market is segmented into Woven Fabric, Non-Woven Fabric, Knitted Fabric, Others.
1. Woven Fabric:
When the woven fabric is concerned, it accounts for the largest market share in the global ecotech textiles market. The major factor contributing to this trend is that woven fabrics offer better protection as compared with non-woven and knitted fabrics, which makes them popular among end-users.
2. Non-Woven Fabric:
As non-woven fabric is nothing but a flat woven textile produced by entangling fiber strands, either randomly or in an ordered pattern. Basically non-woven fabrics are typically made from continuous filaments such as viscose rayon, polyester, and nylon. Economically attractive non-wovens can be made using short fibers that will not produce high-quality yarns but still retain good sewing properties.
3. Knitted Fabric:
The use of knitted fabric in the global ecotech textiles market is mainly for the application, garment, and textile. Knitted fabrics are typically used in the manufacture of hats, gloves, scarves, and sweaters. The demand for knitted fabric is expected to increase over time given the increasing awareness about health issues that can be prevented by wearing wool-enriched garments such as the reduced risk of allergies. As a result, this product segment has also witnessed surging growth due to increased application scope.
It is observed that, the Global Oekotech Textiles Market witnessed significant growth rates as it majorly focuses on the sustainability of products that are also used for environmental protection purposes (e.g., waterproofing). Also the increasing demand for safety and hygiene among consumers has been one of the factors supporting this market’s demand over the past few years leading manufacturers such as Nike Inc., Adidas AG, Under Armour Inc., etc have launched their own versions of eco-friendly clothing line targeting customers with specific needs or requirements that can be met by those products.
- Application or Uses of Eco Textile, https://textilelearner.net/eco-textile-application-or-uses-of-eco-friendly-textile/
- Eco Friendly Clothing, Written by: Jason Duke, https://www.technicaltextile.net/articles/eco-friendly-clothing-by-jason-duke-4095
- Oekotech Textiles Market Report | Global Forecast From 2022 To 2030, https://dataintelo.com/report/oekotech-textiles-market-report/
You may also like:
- Application or Uses of Eco Textile
- Sustainable Fashion: Is It Really Sustaining
- An Overview of Eco-friendly Fashion
- 5 Simple Ways to Make Your 2022 Eco-Friendly
- Nanobubble Technology: The Sustainable Eco-Friendly Textile Solutions
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.