Study on the Jute Slip Draft Spinning frame machine.
The most important features of the spinning process are drafting, twisting and winding on. All jute spinning frames have two sets of rollers extending along the whole length of the machine-the retaining rollers and the drawing rollers. Each of these sets consist of a positively driven member and a pressing member, between which the fibers are gripped. The draft operates in the usual way’ by attenuating the material and reducing its weight. The reach of the frame is as usual, slightly longer than the length of the longest fibers in the material. Situated between the retaining and drawing rollers is a smooth metal plate called the breast plate or slip draft. This plate projects forward slightly from the line joining the nips of the two sets of rollers in order that it may play its proper part in the control of short fiber movement. The twist in the roving, it will be recalled, is of such a magnitude that some degree of cohesion is Spinning imparted to the strand but at the same time movement is not impeded.
- To know about gearing diagram of the M/C.
- To know about Flyer speed.
- To know about surface speed of drawing, retaining r/r and Tin cylinder.
- Retaining roller.
- Intermediate roller.
- Drawing roller.
- Tin cylinder.
- Bobbin rail.
- Machine manufacturer = JAMES MACKIE AND SONS.
- Model number = 14376.
- No of flyer per frame = 20
- Draft range = 10-20
- Machine pitch = 4.25″
- Flyer speed = 3000-4000 rpm.
- Motor rpm = 1450
- Motor pulley diameter = 8.5″
- Machine pulley diameter = 11″
- Tin cylinder diameter = 6″
- Flyer diameter = 2″
- TCP = 50T
- DCP = 46T
- Drawing roller diameter = 2.25″
- Retaining roller diameter = 2.5″
- Intermediate roller diameter = 1.375″
Gearing diagram of slip drafting spinning frame
- Flyer speed = 13361.36
- Surface speed of Tin cylinder = 121120.07″/min
- Surface speed of drawing r/r = 910.35″/min
- Surface speed of retaining r/r = 64.42″/min
- Surface speed of intermediate r/r = 83.3″/min
- Draft =14.13
- Draft constant = 650
This experiment is very important for us to know and learn about the slip drafting sliver spinning frame. So, we should learn about this experiment very carefully and sincerely.
You may also like:
- Jute 3rd Draw Frame: Gearing Diagram, Material Passage & Calculation
- Material Passage and Gearing Diagram of Jute 2nd Draw Frame Machine
- Gearing Diagram and Calculation of Flyer Speed, Spindle & Front Roller Delivery of Speed Frame
- Roving Frame or Simplex Machine: Description and Material Passage
- Jute Draw Frame Machine: Parts, Specification, Material Passage & Calculation
- Drafting and Draft Constant Calculation of Roving Frame
- Working Flow Chart of Roving Frame
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.