The Impact of Fashion in Movies on the Youth
Shubham Anil Jain
Cent Edge Solutions LLP, Bangalore, India
We have the wonderful option to express ourselves through fashion media in this day and age. But practically all facets of our environment, including our culture, likes, and preferences, as well as our social position, have an impact on how we perceive what it’s like to live here. Popular TV shows and movies, as well as other forms of media, have a significant impact on fashion. Consequently, you have had a big impact on both our lives and the fashion world.
Various ways in which movies impacted the way youth dress:
The interaction of culture and fashion is well-represented in movie and television. By airing more diverse and inclusive programs and movies on their platforms, streaming businesses are hoping that cable and broadcasting providers will follow suit. Including people from varied origins and age groups in roles on movie in a suitable and authentic manner requires, among other things, their attire and physical attributes, lives, and skills. The clothes and accessories people choose to wear reveal a lot about their personalities and the cultures in which they are raised. Additionally, they exhort fashion designers to provide apparel, jewelry, and cosmetics for a diverse range of people in the real world. In addition, personality style, a new trend that acknowledges the relationship between culture and fashion, was produced by movies and television.
In movies and television shows, many actors and actresses dress in stunning manner, which encourages youth to copy their outfits, jewelry, and accessories. Because bespoke clothing manufacturers are so popular in the apparel industry and because consumer interest in this market is expanding quickly, the garment manufacturing industry does really contribute hundreds of millions of dollars to the economy each year. Every year, thousands of fans specially youth generation dress as their preferred movie characters, such as Tom Cruise, the Green Lantern, and Star Trek. In addition to the annual Comic-Con, people dress up as superheroes from comic books, movies, and the television shows and movies that promote them.
Movies and television series are frequently based on current events or events shortly. As a result, a large number of the cast is dressed in the latest fashion trends. And how youth and public dress in the real world is influenced by what we see on television and in movies. Our daily outfits are affected by the fashion trends seen in films and television shows. In other words, as youth discover new methods to dress current fashion trends, we implement them into our daily attire. Additionally, films and television can influence fashion by reintroducing historical styles.
What we plan to wear and how we dress in movies and television inspire fashion designers. Celebrity style and attire often inspire designers to produce fresh lines for the upcoming seasons. Fashion designers are inspired to produce new collections by watching movies and television shows since they can see how people dress on-screen. Future trends, historical trends, and current events all have an impact on fashion. This takes us to the last way that movies and television shows have an impact on fashion.
A cast’s sense of style is crucial for every character in a movie or on television, whether it be inspired by present-day or historical trends or envisioned futures. They have a distinct sense of style that stems from their personality, and we can always learn something from that. How often do you find yourself saying, “I love her dress!” or “This dress is amazing!” when you see an actress in a movie or television show? It is not only you going through this. It is only natural for us to draw inspiration from personalities because some of the best ideas for our style come from their distinctive senses of style. As an alternative, you can embrace your inner fashionista and show the world your sense of style.
Negative impact of movies on youth:
- Movie vulgarity has a negative influence on the young generation’s and the children’s minds in our culture.
- Youth try imitate movie stars by acting like them. So, it will be detrimental to children if they are shown smoking, using drugs or alcohol, or committing crimes.
- Glamorizing violence is another way that movies can have a harmful impact on society. As a result, people may become less sensitive to violence in real life and come to believe that using violence to solve their problems is appropriate. Teenagers’ minds might be dangerously affected by violent and vulgar films.
- Children attempt to imitate movie actors’ lifestyles. They are unable to distinguish between real life and the movies.
- Youths interest in reading books and novels is being eroded by films.
- Children and teens may experience negative effects from watching films with explicit sexual content, violence, drug use, and adult themes.
- Many films are not suitable for young audiences.
- Older kids and teenagers could imitate unsafe or even harmful things they watch in films.
- The use of drugs is another factor. Drugs are frequently glamorized in movies, whether it’s through characters consuming them recreationally or being depicted as addicts. In the case of those who are already prone to substance misuse, this may increase their likelihood of using drugs for the first time or developing an addiction.
Fashion plays a significant impact in movies, influencing various aspects of filmmaking and storytelling. Everything contains both positive and harmful elements. We have the power to select good or evil objects to take. Similar to this, films can have a positive influence on our children’s minds if they learn to recognize all the positive elements, such as learning new information about our history and culture, becoming more conscious of the world around them, or not taking the vulgarity and negative things. Just look at your choices because they will determine the future of our nation!
- Why is fashion in India so heavily influenced by Bollywood films? By Saloni Dhruv https://www.theestablished.com/style/fashion/why-is-fashion-in-india-so-heavily-influenced-by-bollywood-films
- How Movies Changed the Way We Dress, By John Cary December 6, 2021 https://raindance.org/how-movies-changed-the-way-we-dress/
- Impact of Movies on Youth, December 22, 2021 https://mbakarlo.com/impact-of-movies-on-youth/
- How Movies Affect Society: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly https://filminutz.in/how-movies-affect-society-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/
You may also like:
- Impact of Fashion on People’s Health
- Fashion Trends and Its Impact on Society
- Impact of Fast Fashion on Climate Change
- Environmental Impact of Fast Fashion Industry
- Impact of Fashion on Individuals Identity
- Impact of Digital Marketing in Fashion Industry
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.