Drafting Procedures of Salwar
Dept of Fashion Design & Arts
Hindustan University, Chennai, India
Salwars (also shalwar) are recognized as loose pajamas or trousers which are atypically wide at the waist but which narrow to a cuffed bottom. This is a women’s lower torso wear. Easy and also comfortable to wear. Traditional salwars that offer quite a lot of space for free movement. They are held up by a drawstring or elastic belt, which causes them to become pleated around the waist. This garment is suitable to all age group women and even now teens are very much crazy to wear the salwar often. Shalwars have been traditionally worn in a wide region which includes Eastern Europe, West Asia, Central Asia, and South Asia. Step by step drafting of salwar is showed in this article.
Cotton, voile, cambric, linen, silk, polyester, satin, crepe-silk.
Material required: 3.50 meter, cloth-width-42” to 48”.
Pattern parts: Front and back.
Measurement required: Side length-40”m waistgirth-30”, seat-38”, bottom-14”.
Drafting Details of Salwar:
Front and Back Part:
1-0 = side length + 2cm.
2-0= 1/3rd hip.
4-3= squared as per draft.
5 to 2=1/3rd hip.
6 to 5=draw as per draft.
You may also like:
- Drafting and Cutting Techniques of Dartless Saree Blouse
- Drafting Details of Katori Blouse Step by Step
- Step by Step Drafting and Cutting of Walking Breeches
- Drafting Procedure of Long Sleeve Woven Shirt
- How to Draft Ladies Jeans (Narrow Bottom)
- Drafting Procedure for Ladies Baggy Pants
- Drafting Procedures of Princess Petticoat / Chemise
- Drafting Procedures of Ladies Housecoat
- Drafting Details of Mens Vest / Waistcoat
- Midi Dress Drafting Procedures
- Drafting Process of Single Pleated Trousers
It’s me, a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. I’m working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. I’m also a contributor of Wikipedia.