Working Principle of Continuous Fusing Press Machine
Muhammad Ibrahim Khalilullah
Department of Textile Engineering
Daffodil International University
Continuous Fusing Press Machine:
It is the most common fusing machine used in the garments manufacturing industries. Garment component and interlining are first placed on the revolving feed sheet of the continuous fusing machine. The revolving feed sheet caries the components in the fusing chamber, where the components are transferred to another revolving flat sheet. The fusing chamber maintains the required fusing temperature. Then the components pass through a pair of pressure rollers, where fusing pressure is maintained by the speed of the revolving sheet of the fusing chamber. Then the fused components are transferred to the revolving delivery sheet. One operator is continuously feeding and another operator continuously receiving the fused components in the delivery side. Production is higher and fusing quality is reasonably good.
Features of Continuous Fusing Press Machine:
- The machine consists of a fusing chamber with continuous belt or feed sheet.
- The heating chamber is controlled by a switch.
- Two pressure rollers are in the fusing chamber and roller pressure are produced by spring or pneumatic power and have condition to increase or decrease of required heat.
Working Principle of Continuous Fusing Machine:
- In this machine, interlining is placed between two layers of the fabric and passed to the fusing chamber.
- In fusing chamber, the required heat and pressures are applied.
- Direct heating or indirect heating are applied for heating the interlining.
- After heating, required pressure are applied by two pressure rollers.
- The fusing time is controlled by controlling the speed of feed sheet.
- hen the fabric is taken out from the fusing chamber.
Advantages of Continuous Fusing Press:
- Mostly used in country.
- Higher production.
- Good quality fusing.
- Very suitable for pile fabric using.
- No possibility of fabric shrinkage.
- High cost.
- Large space required.
- Different bond strength of fused parts.
Uses/Application of Continuous Fusing Press Machine:
- For the woven/knitted fabrics fusing
- Fusing for the whole roll of fabric and interline.
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.