Multiple Choice Questions and Answers for Fashion Design
Dept of Fashion Design & Arts
Hindustan University, Chennai, India
The term fashion describes the current prevailing trends in a society for example concerning a particular way of dressing, lifestyle, pattern of though and the development of the arts. Actually fashion design is the art of application of design and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories. Who study about fashion design they are called fashion designers. To get job in fashion design, fashion designer has to face different short questions. Fashion design students and professionals face different types of viva, interviews both for academic and job purpose. This article for them. In this article, I have given some MCQ for fashion design students and professionals.
Important Questions and Answers for Fashion Design Students and Professionals:
1.—————————-is more than just clothing.
2.————————-is a general term referring to actual objects related to the human body.
d) Wear ability.
3. Historians have propounded different explanations regarding factors affecting clothing.
e) All the above.
4.—————– and ——————— are also indicating of the social and marital status of women.
a) Dress and ornament’s.
d) Black scarf.
5. In India, the coloured powder put in the hair parting called —————–is a visual indicator of married status of women.
a) Sandal powder.
b) Sin door powder.
6. From the late 19th century a dust coloured light weight cotton fabric called———————was used by the Indian Army during the British Raj.
7. Ritu Kumar was one of the earliest pioneers of fashion with extensive research in to block prints and innovative application of the technique of————————————-
b) Mirror work.
8.———————— Waist belted,tucked,or slashed to give excessive looseness to give comfort to the wearer.
b) Flat front.
d) Patiala salwar.
9.——————–Draped lower garment for men and women.
d) Patiala salwar.
10. —————– French term for exclusive one-of-kind” high fashion”
b) Haute couture’s.
11. ———————–is the process of transforming a design in to its constituent flat pattern pieces and then drafting then out.
a) Pattern making.
12. The highest point on the bust is ——————–.
13.————————refers to the amount of roominess in a garment.
a) Grain line.
14. Ease is of——————-kinds, i.e., —————- and —————- ease.
a) Fitting -ease.
15. One of the first —————- that is done on muslin at the time when the pattern is made.
16. Dart Manipulation of the front bodice consists of ————— types.
17.————————— is the dress fitted through the bodice, waist, and hips, and flaring out from the knees.
c) Ball gown.
18. A straight, form fitting silhouette is —————————–.
19.———————– is a high neck line that cuts straight across the collar bone.
b) Cowl neck.
d) Boat neck.
20. A sleeve cut wide at the armhole and tapering to the wrist is——————-
a) Dolman sleeve.
b) Puff sleeve.
21.——————– hugs tight against the body with hook, snap or laced back securing.
22. A sheer soft knit fabric, most often 100% cotton as an informal fabric at weddings.
23.——————- is the thicker fabric ribbing in the weave.
24. The hem falls right above the ankles.
25.————————— is smooth, heavy and shin, long honoured bridal fibre.
1(d). 2.(c.) 3.(e.) 4(. a). 5.(b). 6.(b). 7.(c). 8.(d). 9.(c.) 10(b). 11.(a). 12.(d.) 13.(c). 14.(a, c, d.) 15.(b). 16.(a). 17.(b). 18.(c). 19.(d). 20.(a). 21.(d). 22.(c). 23.(a). 24.(c). 25.a) .
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.