Top 10 Artificial Intelligence Improvements Needed in Bangladeshi Textile Factory
B.Sc. in Textile Engineering,
Department of Yarn Engineering, SARSTEC
AI (Artificial Intelligence) automation into a textile factory means implementing technologies to upgrade various aspects of production and better management process. This is how we can apply AI automation in readymade garments of Bangladesh.
Top 10 AI Advancements Essential for Bangladeshi Textile Factory:
AI advancements are essential for Bangladeshi textile factory to increase efficiency, productivity, and overall competitiveness in the global market. Below top 10 artificial intelligence (AI) improvements needed in Bangladeshi textile factory.
1. Prediction of Maintenance:
AI algorithms predict equipment failures more faster than human and re-schedule maintenance tasks before breakdowns occurs. It minimizing the timeless Bangladeshi factory’s has manual maintenance system. Which is a noticeable niche.
2. QC Check:
Applying AI trained computers chipset and machine learning systems to automate the inspection in fabrics, identifying defects much more faster than human. Sometime Bangladesh produces faulty products and lose substantial amount of revenue. And the faulty products sold at local market at a cheaper price.
3. Better Planning and Scheduling:
Using AI to optimize production schedules based on demands, raw material availability, and machine capacities, as a result in improving overall efficiency. But Bangladeshi factory production and shipping process is very slow and manually organized. We just have only one large port in Chattogram.
4. SCM (Supply Chain Management):
Applying AI for real-time tracking of inventories/factories with demand level, and logistics, ensuring a smooth and quick responsive supply chain. We Don’t have Backup for our supply chain. While COVID-19 the production was paused because of China failed to deliver raw materials.
5. Energy Optimization:
Implementing AI-driven systems to monitor and optimize energy consumption, we use too much ground water, that will result in shortage of water in big cities like Dhaka and Chattogram. Using alternative energy in textile factory’s. And using reusable energy source.
6. Using Robotic Process Automation (RPA):
Integrating robotic systems for tasks like material handling, sorting, and packaging, improving speed and accuracy while reducing manual labor. That will lead cheap Bangladeshi labors to lose their jobs. We should look for RPA specialist in Bangladesh.
7. Personalized and Customization:
AI can assist in creating personalized textile products based on customer preferences, enhancing the customer experience and allowing for more flexible manufacturing processes. Some Bangladeshi designers already applied this method individually but it’s in very early stages.
8. Human and Machine Collaboration:
Collaboration between AI systems and human workers, creating that enhances productivity and ensures safe working conditions. Bangladeshi workers are not capable of using Complex machine. We hire skilled workers from countries like China and India.
9. Textiles Production Explore:
AI applications in the development of smart textiles, integrating sensors and IoT (Internet of Things) technologies into fabrics for innovative functionality. Bangladesh is far away then thinking about it. We are still far way from IoT stuff.
10. Training and Monitoring:
Implementing AI for training programs and monitoring employee performance that will meet quality standards and proper improvement. Bangladeshi workers are so hard working. They should be paid hourly for their work.
Those are the top 10 improvements required for Bangladesh in AI automation. As a result we should achieve those skills as a textile engineer to Uphold Bangladesh Economic Backbone (RMG) Sector and stabilizer Bangladeshi economy.
- Ahmmed, Md Emran, Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Garment Design: Opportunities and Challenges in the Ready-Made Garments (RMG) Sector of Bangladesh (September 18, 2023). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=4575301 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.4575301
- Mostafiz Uddin (2018), AI in RMG: What’s in store for Bangladesh? The Daily Star https://www.thedailystar.net/opinion/perspective/news/whats-store-bangladesh-1631515
- Dewan Najmus Saqib (2023), AI: Opportunities and challenges for Bangladesh, The Business Standard https://www.tbsnews.net/thoughts/ai-opportunities-and-challenges-bangladesh-706174
- Redwan Ullah (2021), Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Textile and Apparel Industry, Textile Learner https://textilelearner.net/artificial-intelligence-in-textile-and-apparel-industry/
You may also like:
- Applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Fashion Industry
- Machine Learning in Fashion Industry: Applications and Future
- Data-driven Problem Solving in the Ready-Made Garments Industry
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.