Study on Material Passage Diagram of Speed Frame
Md. Rubel Miah
Department of Textile engineering
World University of Bangladesh
Study on material passage diagram of speed frame / roving frame / simplex machine.
Speed frame is the machine where the sliver is subjected to one or more attenuating process to the attenuated sliver receive a small amount of twist and is wound on bobbin suitable for creeling at next process. Roving is the output product of speed frame. It is fine fiber stands which is used in the find process of preparation for spinning. It is loosely twisted stands of fibers.
- Attenuation of drawn sliver to from roving or required count of drafting.
- Insert small amount of twist give required strength to roving.
- Wind the roving onto the bobbin.
- Build the roving in full length of bobbin in such a from which will facilitate handling, transfers and feeding to ring frame.
Tasks or Functions of Speed Frame
The tasks of a speed frame machine may be divided into a number of individual operations, each of which is almost independent of the others.
The major tasks of the speed frame process are listed as follows:
- Drafting: to reduce the size of the strand
- Twisting: to impart necessary strength
- Laying: to put the coils on the bobbins
- Winding: to wind successive layers on the bobbin at the proper rate of speed
- Building: to shorten successive layers to make conical ends on the package of roving
Main Parts Speed Frame:
- Guide rollers
- Drafting rollers
- Dead weight
- Bottom rollers
- Rubber-covered top online rollers
- Top arm
- Aprons (top and bottom)
- Condenser (inlet and ﬂoating)
- Pressure arm
Material Passage Diagram of Speed Frame:
The feed material come from speed frame i.e. roving bobbin is placed on the creel. The creel which is attached to the machine is umbrella type. Then feed material is passed under the guide rollers and through the trumpet in to the drafting zone. Here some draft is inserted in to the roving. The draft system is 3 over 3 drafting system with apron. The delivery material that is delivered from the front roller is reached to the traveler over pneumatic waste collector, lappet and through balloon controlling ring. Lappet is used to control the material path and balloon controlling ring is used to control the balloon formation and spinning tension. Here roving is twisted by the movement of the traveler around the ring. The yarn is then wound on the ring cop.
Our teacher and lab assistants are very much helpful to us. Their well teaching and instruction help us greatly to understand material passage diagram of speed frame machine. I think this practical will be very helpful in my future career.
You may also like:
- Roving Frame or Simplex Machine: Description and Material Passage
- Building Mechanism of Roving Frame or Speed Frame Machine
- Calculation of Twist, Twist Constant of Roving Frame or Speed Frame Machine
- Drafting and Draft Constant Calculation of Roving Frame
- Calculation of Number of Layers of Full Roving Bobbin of Speed Frame
- Recent Developments of Simplex Machine
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.