Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) on Traditional Textiles of India
Mrs. Meenakshi V Rajesh Kumar
Head & Assistant Professor
Department of Costume Design and Fashion
VLB Janakiammal College of Arts and Science, Kovaipudur,
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
This article is written for Fashion design students, teachers and professionals. Specially this article will be helpful for students who are learning for their viva exams. MCQ questions and answers focus on the different traditional textiles of India. India is known for its rich tradition of textiles, which are an integral part of the country’s cultural heritage. So this topic is frequently asked in different job interview. In this article 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) are listed on traditional textiles of India with answers key.
List of MCQ on Traditional Textiles of India:
1. A method of making the skin with light incision and adding colouring materials is called _____
Answer: (a) Tattooing
2. The basic reason for wearing a cloth is _________
Answer: (b) Protection
3. Check board design implies _______
(a) Geometrical motif
(b) Natural motif
(c) Abstract motif
(d) Stylized motif
Answer: (a) Geometrical motif
4. A motif inspired from cosmic space is ___________
(b) Conch shell
(c) Wedding scenes
Answer: (b) Conch shell
5. Mango motif is also called as ___________
Answer: (c) Paisely
6. The usual word in Rigveda for costumes was ___________
Answer: (d) Vasas
7. In vedic period the term __________ denotes that the clothes were well fitted.
Answer: (a) Surabhi
8. In the ________ period there was a lot of use of lotus motif.
Answer: (c) Satvahana
9. In the ________ period the Ajanta wall paintings give us a clear picture of the type of clothes people wore.
Answer: (b) Gupta
10. In Gupta period the kings costumes were most often of striped blue closely woven silk with a floating _______
Answer: (c) Uttariya
11. ______is a hand-loom woven technique used to make Dacca muslin fabrics.
Answer: (a) Jamdani
12. Bhandhani is also called as ______________
Answer: (b) Choonaris
13. Chanderi sarees are produced in which state of India _________
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(c) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: (a) Madhya Pradesh
14. Patola is a _______dyed silk saree from Gujarat.
Answer: (c) Resist
15. Himru is produced by using _______ yarns.
(a) Silk & Cotton
Answer: (a) Silk &Cotton
16. Designs of Pochampalli textiles need to be ________
Answer: (a) Geometrical
17. Kalamkari is done with ________
Answer: (d) Pen
18. Bandhani is a colourful textile that uses one of the ______ technique.
(a) Tie & dye
(c) Block printing
Answer: (a) Tie & dye
19. The process of tie and dye at yarn stage is __________
(b) Dacca muslin
Answer: (c) Ikkat
20. Sri Kalahasti is famous for _____________
(a) Stencil printing
(b) Hand painting
(c) Synthetic dyes
Answer: (b) Hand painting
21. The Angavastra is a long piece of cloth draped around the shoulders in_________
(d) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: (b) Tamilnadu
22. In Kerala, the end portion of ladies garment with copper and golden coated thread is ____
Answer: (a) Kara
23. Kurta is the top worn by the men in ________
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(c) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: (c) Andhra Pradesh
24. Mysore peta is a head ornament of _______
(c) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: (b) Karnataka
25. _______ is a traditional women’s costume in Assam.
(b) Mekhala & Chaddar
Answer: (b) Mekhala & Chaddar
26. In Orissa a piece of fabric worn above the kurta is________
Answer: (c) Gamucha
27. Beautiful ornament that is adorn on the forehead called ____ worn by women in Bihar.
Answer: (d) Tikli
28. Puanchei is the dress worn by ______women during festivals.
(c) West Bengal
Answer: (a) Mizo
29. The common tribal group of Nagaland is ______________
Answer: (a) Nagas
30. The traditional costumes for the men of West Bengal is _____
Answer: (b) Dhoti
31. Nine yards sari is worn by the women folk of _____
Answer: (a) Maharashtra
32. Ghaghra is the universal costume of ______________ women.
Answer: (b) Rajasthan
33. Women belonging to ahir community wear distinct style of Lehangas known as ________
Answer: (c) Angia
34. Chamba Rumal is famous in _______
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(b) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: (b) Himachal Pradesh
35. _________ is worn by men in Uttar Pradesh.
Answer: (a) Pagri
36. ________is popular among men in Jammu and Kashmir.
Answer: (b) Pheran
37. Dogras are ethnic tribes living in _________
Answer: (d) Jammu
38. The common tribal group of Gujarat is _________
Answer: (c) Parsi
39. _______is considered as a symbol of pride and honor for men in Madhya Pradesh.
Answer: (a) Safa
40. ________ is a kind of scarf that covers the head and shoulders and is an essential element of traditional dress in Madhya Pradesh.
Answer: (b) Odhni
41. The Jadanagam of south India is literally the _________ serpent.
Answer: (a) Hair
42. Jhumka is in the shape of _______ has separately worn.
Answer: (c) Bell
43. Pearl jewellery is famous in ________
(a) Mauryan period
(b) Pallava period
(c) Chola period
(d) Gupta period
Answer:(a) Mauryan period
44. Kasumala has a long string of ____________ worn during wedding ceremonies.
(a) Gold coins
(c) Jasmine designs
(d) Goddess images
Answer: (a) Gold coins
45. ______ is called to slender the waist for women in south India.
(d) Nagas mala
Answer: (c) Oddiyanam
46. In earlier days ornaments were made of____
Answer: (c) Shells
47. The circular shaped ring used in Kundala is ___________
Answer: (b) Bali
48. Pambadam is a ___________ ornament.
Answer: (d) Ear
49. Ivory jewel with Ajanta painting is used by _________ period.
Answer: (d) Gupta
50. Girdle is worn at _________
Answer: (b) Hip
You may also like:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) for Clothing and Textiles
- Job and Academic Viva Questions and Answers on Textile Fibres
- Viva Questions and Answers for Fashion Design Students and Professionals
- Interview Questions for Industrial Engineering Job in Apparel Industry
- Grading and Pattern Making: Job Interview Questions
- Interview Questions on Dress Draping and Fitting
- Interview Questions and Answers for Weaving and Knitting
- Interview Questions and Answers for Apparel Jobs
- Yarn Manufacturing Job Interview Questions and Answers
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.