Automation in Yarn Winding Process
Hafiz Abdul Mannan
National Textile University, Pakistan
Yarn Winding Process:
Yarn may be produced either during spinning of staple fibers or during extrusion of filaments from polymeric materials needs to be wound into a suitable package form. Winding is the process of transferring yarn from one type of package to another to facilitate subsequent processing. Winding is the creation of large yarn packages that can be easily unwound.
The objectives of winding can be briefly stated as:
- Removing objectionable faults present in yarn contained in the supply package with the help of yarn clearer.
- Building a package of suitable dimensions compatible with the downstream processes
Automation Process in Winding:
The automation in winding increase the winding efficiency. Huge amount of yarn are winded than conventional system of winding for using automation. Labor cost also decrease by the using automation in winding. In another article, automation in weaving has discussed details.
1. Drum traverse system
- The precise slit stainless drum guides the threads to wind up.
- Drum with special hardened polish treatment is good for high speed running and it can also lower the noise.
2. Individual touch panel control system
- Preset the yarn length on touch panel of the cross cone winder, then the computer will measure it with compensates length adjustment. It’s accurate and reliable.
- Preset the yarn deliver speed from 400~1400 meters per minute on touch panel and then run the constant yarn speed.
- Preset the lube roller speed from 0~50 RPM for the lubricant percentages of the threads. The uniform lubricant throughout the packages of threads lubricated due to the constant yarn deliver speed.
- Preset the product quantity; make it easy to manage the production efficiently.
3. Automatic bobbin magazine device
- With non-bobbin detector and auto-stop system, the cone winder machine will shutdown when it stops bobbing.
4. Auto-Doffing and control system
- Mechanical doffing system, precise and durable.
- Doffing time 7~10 seconds.
5. Electronic magnetic tension device
- Electronic magnetic tension controls the tension throughout the cycle of winding process to get the good quality of packages.
6. Auto circulating lube system and tank (Optional)
- Auto circulating lube system filters the floss to ensure the lubricant quality given to lube with threads.
- One lube tank can connect 20 spindles of 4 machines.
- Hot lube system with heater control panel are available with option.
- Density adjusting device, precise, stable and reliable.
- With our yarn broke sensor, the automatic cone winder will stop automatically when the yarn is broken.
- Computer auto-detect trouble happened and then display the reasons by caption, it’s easy to maintain the condition of machine.
- Suitable for all sewing thread winding and available from 20/6 to 60/2 yarn counts. Nylon thread and viscose rayon thread…etc.
- We can control the motor speed as its rpm
- We can control package size automatically
- We can control yarn clearing as thick ,thin places or slubs through yarn diameter
- We can splice automatically if yarn breaks
- We can change empty cones in cone magazine automatically.
You may also like:
- Automation in Weaving Shed, Electronic Let-off, Take-up Mechanism and Stop Motion
- Automation in Warping and Sizing Process
- Loom Data Monitoring System in Weaving Mill
Founder & Editor of Textile Learner. He is a Textile Consultant, Blogger & Entrepreneur. He is working as a textile consultant in several local and international companies. He is also a contributor of Wikipedia.